Pilates lengthens and stretches all the major muscle groups in the body in a balanced fashion. It improves flexibility, strength, balance and body awareness and is a challenging workout that caters for everyone, from beginner to advanced.
The health benefits of Pilates include:
– improved flexibility
– increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
– balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
– enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
– improved stabilisation of your spine
– improved posture
– rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
– improved physical coordination and balance
– relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
– safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
– prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
– increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
– improved concentration
– increased body awareness
– stress management and relaxation.
Quality is key. Pilates consists of moving through a slow, sustained series of exercises using abdominal control and proper breathing. The quality of each posture is more important than the number of repetitions or how energetically you can move.
Feel free to contact us
Level 1, 589 Malvern Road, Toorak 3142
0438 566 374